... So why not make two trips? If I'm ever in Korea, it lends itself perfectly, which is now greatly reduced distance to a pile of volcanic rock in the sea to go, to visit my big brother.
I offered two options: by ferry or by plane. After only the 350-man third-class no beds or chairs-room would have been due to the low travel costs to the Air an advantage, I chose the latter. But it was impossible to a direct flight from Busan to Narita (Tokyo) to get that was lower than 600 000 Won! (?. "Yes, we have holiday season" - And what the average Korean's really on vacation, he flies to an Asian island where everything is actually almost as much at home ....)
The solution: a Flights from Busan to Osaka and from there by Shinkanzen (DER express train in Japan, where the emphasis is on "fast" ladies, German Railways) and on to Yokohama. That was actually still cheaper than the sum of the direct flight.
If you then schonmal planning this, we search for, of course, also easily connect information to travel from the airport to the corresponding Stations out to the spot then at least have something you can point the finger.
On 27 in the morning it was time (early to say 0600h): Ms. Park has picked me to get me to the City Bus Terminal (which I would otherwise certainly not found in time). Funnily enough, leave from the City Bus Terminal, the city buses and inter-city express buses. But there is an Express Bus Terminal, then take the city buses and inter-city express buses ... oh, never mind. The statement did not understand because they had nothing to do with my question. About two hours later
then the arrival at Gimhae Airport in Busan. The bus stops, the bus driver calls something, two people get off the bus brimming sit, the rest remains. Me: "Huh?" Mind you, the airport terminal, so it would not make sense to wait for the continuation of work, quite apart from the fact that even the bus driver is now exited. Still no one else gets out. I began to ask myself whether the huge sign on the building, which reads as "Gimhae Airport" perhaps only advertising was placed by mistake there, there is a second airport with the same name (there are also countless Mr. Kim) ... but I plucked up my courage and jumped off the bus and stood right outside the departure hall. Still no one else got out ...!?
In the departure hall, I was looking for the check in desk of the Korean Air and joined me in line. (One of many lines of people that I should see the weekend ...) While I waited so in the crowd, I noticed the many signs that have the same plastic bag madness hinted that one already knows from Europe and the States. Oops! My brother told me that this madness had not reached the Japanese islands, I went on the assumption that such arrangements may not be necessary for the outward journey would be. No way! As I was traveling with a light pack (small backpack and laptop bag), I was not about any of this at the check in giving up (remember to be the missing case in Frankfurt ... and with only a pair of trousers I did not want to spend another 5 weeks because my dress size is in this country ... uncommon).
Now I had not the problem, hazardous substances packed in transparent plastic bags to carry with me: killer Colgate toothpaste and Mango Breeze-Flamethrower-adidas-action-3-Deo-Fresh!
----------------------------------------------- -------------------------
at this (exaggerated) representation of a small objection: I bring understanding to ensure that the safety of all persons on board the aircraft shall be ensured. Finally, I am a direct beneficiary of this fact. However, I doubt that the whole tourist-terrorism is now taking place at airports, can really eliminate the threat of an attack ... Just one example: on a small but nice airport by the same terror instead - X-ray, scanning, metal detector, x-ray, scanning, metal detector, the melting of nail files, destruction of toothpaste and again X-ray, scanning, metal detector. And that's only if you want to go buy in a lunchtime sausage roll! On the other side of the runway is a mile long, is one meter high fence, completely unguarded. Now that the Lord terrorist will probably get on the road??
------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
I therefore those substances had me, I decided summarily, but give up a bag. So,, knelt down and some things before or rearranged.
in the hall in front of the gate I was (while I was in a "delicious" sandwich bit - phew ...) approached by another traveler, who seemed to just learn to memorize the text on one page. The same age Koreans desperately pleaded with me so I could call him the pronunciation of one or another English word, after all, I was so American ... (Sigh!) In fact, he learned the text by heart, these were the expected announcements of the Captains on board the flight to LA. (?? Without Words)
an uneventful flight later, I stood in Osaka - on Immigration. And stood. And stood. And two hours later (actually I would like to see Osaka briefly, for my brother, I could only pick up the evening!) I was already in the series. The previously completed Immigration Declaration was incomplete! The address of my stay in Japan was not on it!
Intermezzo: Let's say someone travels for his life like a rucksack on his back aimlessly through the area and comes in a variety of cheap hostels or motels, so not booked in advance, how should such a person ever to travel to other countries if he can not address its alleged natural accommodation in advance?
Well, I was not a backpacker, but I wanted to stay with my brother. But the address I could not for the life of heart (one or two Chinese characters is so up to 16 strokes, which I had simply can not remember). But it was not really a problem, because the immigration one has full access to all the residents' registration data (I just hope that the PCs are password protected?) And the name of my brother is now in Yokohama also found not soooo often. Only the astonishment of the Immigration officer about the fact that my brother really is no "Middle Name" has, could I do not understand.
The last hurdles before stood by the luggage pick up and pass through Customs. Both proved to be a problem. Because Murphy had other plans for me ...
spotted in the main hall of the airport, my eyes is a sign that says "Tourist Information". Since it is the only English language at the moment seemed to be, I held to it to bring in experience, from where the bus drives off, which should bring me according to my previously printed information to the Shin-Osaka Station. The employee at the counter shook his head and only told me here there were no buses. How? No buses? Yes, it is the wrong airport. How? Of incorrect airport? I'm not at the airport Osaka? Yes, but it is the wrong airport. ... ... ...
Well, unfavorably Osaka has two airports: Kansai and Itami. Then of course I did not care ... It was not a problem because, in contrast to Itami Airport is located in Kansai a direct train to Shin-Osaka! Moreover, Kansai
is directly on the water, leading to a beautiful view on the approach (and to the question: "Is there 'ne Runway").
The train ticket was easy and fast in the Japan Railways ticket purchased Office (where no one spoke English, but "Shin-Yokohama and a dachshund look had completely sufficient).
The Haruka Express to Kyoto I was 1 1 / 2 hours in Shin-Osaka and was able to make thanks to the words of my train tickets, which contained English signatures, the right Shinkanzen also identified. If you had (excluding the Japanese Mighty) immediately knew that here the Nozomi 28 drives off to Tokyo to Shin-Yokohama to 1530h?
The is' scho fast. Also, I happened to have the pleasure to ride the brand new (since 1 July 2007 border traffic) Shinkanzen N700!
After 2 1 / 2 hours on the dustbin (tjaaaa. .. so a seat reservation is already a special treat ... for those who have one) we arrived at Shin-Yokohama. There I should not leave the station, according to my brother, but go outside the West Gate. (Again, my favorite: Huh) Honestly, I've really tried to leave the station and at the same time go out through the west gate. The phrase "Doko nishi guchi?" (? Where West Gate) made a survey of my first monitor (another term I do not remembered for someone who is dressed in neon green, decorated with neon orange and bright red, too short lightsaber in the corner) break out into a torrent of words - on Japanese (well, what else?). I want my eyes have not seen in that moment, he, however, led to the fact that my opponent abruptly stopped and looked at me very puzzled. In his speeches, but he pointed in one direction, and I assumed that I had to go there.
It happened! I left the station! But here I told one of the passers on the repeated phrase from before with (at least I assume so), that I was here at the west exit.
My brother had something like this happened before but perhaps suspect identified (where did that?) And me with an alternative venue - the golden arches!
Fortunately, I discovered it at a few photographs the supposed west exit. Well? Who can still see them?
But it was not so easy to get there, since the entire station is currently under construction. All the greater was the joy when I seemingly only person who wears a helmet, gloves and motorcycle jacket in Japan, approaching on his two-Rocinante to rescue him. Up, up, Don Quixote!
0 comments:
Post a Comment