Monday, July 12, 2010

Lisa Loab Voice Of Bounty Paper Towels

rail travel as the seasons change

Again and again I congratulate myself to live in the here and now: modern technology as far as the eye can see, countless little helper, created only to make my life easier, more interesting and convenient.

And then there's the last great adventure ...

Before I travel to my personal favorite adventure playground (Which will soon be even more exciting: Stuttgart 21 casts its shadow ahead already huge) go, I cast a quick glance at today's program: it is a belated offer from Klagenfurt IC, supposedly 5 minutes wg. late delivery from abroad. I know that a car like the air conditioner fails once, but this did not constitute a too big difference to the other containers. You could say somewhere between "medium" and "well done" is the aggregate state when you get off again.

drives half an hour later my particular favorite, a museum piece, which is still around 4-digit postal codes in branded find; device such 70th-year charm. This may turn out no air conditioning. For there are none. But it has the steel window friend, there is indeed hell, noise and smell not just of roses when you drive through the many tunnels - but still. The big (ok, the only) advantage of this train is that it is hosted in Stuttgart. Accordingly, it is usually on time. If someone does not forget the deployment. Could happen again.
stupid is that the train has been standing for hours in the sweltering heat, one's skin first so the butt when you take on the polyester seat before the wind then at some point does its cooling plant.

Another view on the train Oracle - ah, the Klagenfurt train is now 35 minutes late - gebongt, the grill is wheeled me. Thank you for making a decision.

I secure a small compartment, and pack in the envious looks of my fellow travelers from big fight fan - yes, friends, is traveling! I know what is essential to life! And water I have also arranged - as naive as the poor folks that have collapsed over the weekend in the ICE, I would never go on a train journey!

The temperatures remain tropical, not unusual these days, a young man enters the compartment, can not understand people from any the teeth slip - I take it sometimes as a friendly greeting. He chased me from my first place. He has reserved. So I sat down to him just in front of a free. Must have order at last. I understand. We drive through the countryside, even the sky is gray, drop a few drops of shy, I am relieved. The correct young man looks stunned the exterior: "What's that Für'n shit!"

summer in Germany ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment